Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Blog Site

When I first started the Mirrors Never Lie blog, I was blogging only for myself.  I didn't think anyone would really ever see it.  Although it is out there on the web, I never dreamed it would actually be read.  It was a place I could come to write about my struggles with obesity, and served as a therapeutic measure of dealing with my lack of self worth and I hoped by writing about my feelings I could better cope with my eating problems.  And for a while the Blog did remain anonymous.

And then they came...

Sporadic readers from around the world, until my stats registered at least one visitor per day, but often many more.  And I began to get followers.  Not many.... but some.  I have another blog as well, one that is not anonymous, about my family and life.  However, my weight struggles are never mentioned.  But it was this blog, the anonymous one, that received the most views.  I realized then... maybe I'm not just blogging for myself.  Maybe I'm reaching people.... people that can relate to what I write.  People that are going through the same things that I am.   Maybe it helps them to read that they are not alone.  I know it helps me to know that I am not alone, that there are those that return to my blog over and over again, sharing this Journey with me. 

When I created the blog, there was not a lot of thought put into it.  My first post, self titled "Mirrors Never Lie" inspired this Blog's name.  I did not do any research, or put forth any thought in naming the blog, since it was just for myself.  Since it has been created, I've looked online and there are numerous references to Mirrors Never Lie, all relating to Anorexia. Since then, this blog has changed course just a little.  I still blog about my thoughts, feelings, and struggles, but I also blog about Products, Recipes and tips I have found helpful, as well as the diet program I am on.  I have thought often of changing the Blog name to one more relevant and finally created a new Blog yesterday titled Shrinking Jeans.  You can see the new Blog here.

If you have been following this Blog, or coming back to "check in" on my progress,  PLEASE subscribe to my new Blog Shrinking Jeans. 

I will keep this blog going for a while until the new Blog takes off. 

Thank you... everyone.  I love each and every one of you, and your support has been wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment