Sunday, January 2, 2011

Choices.........and New Beginnings

It is 12:23am, and I am about to turn in for the night.  I sit here on the computer, looking over the My Medifast website, drinking a Mikes Hard Black Cherry Lemonade as a last Hoorah.  It was left over from our Bonfire/Weenie Roast New Years Party. 

As I sit here, finishing this drink off, I think back on today and all the "last minute" things I have eaten, prepping for my Diet tomorrow........ or rather today, since it is after midnight......  and I am MISERABLE!  I'm stuffed!! at 12:26am, I am still feeling stuffed!  I didn't eat that much, but I did try to cram a lot into my night.  I had some Hershey's Chocolate, I had some Nachos with Avocado, and 2 Mikes. 

This miserable feeling is not a new one.  How many times over my adult life, have I felt this way?  Like a stuffed sausage.  In WHAT way is this a good feeling??  ...........  NONE!! So why have I done this to myself? Now and in the past? 

And the Nachos were not great.  The chocolate was not great.  The Mikes is not great.  

I'm so glad I have made this commitment to join Medifast, and do the program.  In just a few moments I will go lie down in bed next to my sleeping husband feeling fat and miserable.  But when I wake, I will be waking to a new life. New choices...... 

A New Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment